Around the Food World 8/15
Sate your palate with the tastiest topics of the week...
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Email
- A vegan’s worst nightmare may be creeping up on grocery shelves. I’d avoid eating spaghetti at your passive aggressive, meat-loving friends’ homes in the near future. That is, if your passive aggressive, meat-loving buddies happen to live in New Zealand.
- Students and athletes may want to think twice before downing this beverage. Sure, it may give you wings...as well as a possible side of heart failure.
- According to the Motherland, it’s “hateful” and “trashy” and drenched in artificial butter. Popcorn-free movie theaters? Supposedly, it’s okay with the U.K..
- McDonald’s. Wow. Remember that moment when you realized that those people who fed you and raised you just weren’t “with it” anymore? Yeah...
- So, if a restaurant doesn’t serve food, isn’t open to the public and is allegedly crawling with GANGSTERS, is it still a restaurant?
- Be careful what you wish for: the ban on fast food in L.A.’s most economically downtrodden areas may signal an end to the best of the locally-run pupuserias, taquerias and barbecue joints in the city.
- No, this may not be as cool as Batman’s utility belt, but it’s a thoughtful and practical gift for your favorite beer guzzler – assuming that she’s not a part of any 12-step program.
- Speaking of beer, you might not want to mess with this woman’s beer. Unless you’re a fan of deadly consequences.
Also Check Out: Around the Food World 8/8
About the Author:
there's good food and bad food. i choose to eat the good kind. especially when it's cheap. CHEAP!