Eats.com Calendar: October 5 - 10
The NYC Wine & Food Festival isn't the only eating event in town this week - though it is a big one. Check out these other food functions that are taking place in NYC right now.
- Taste of the Greenmarket: The farmers has its time to shine when 30 of New Yorks most popular chefs and mixologists, including Tom Colicchio, Marc Forgione, Dan Barber and April Bloomfield, present tastings of Greenmarket-inspired dishes and drinks. Wednesday, 6-10pm; tickets are $175 at eventbee.com
- Rene Redzepi, David Chang & Ruth Reichl: The chef of NOMA, akaSan Pellegrino's 2010 Best Restaurant in the World, and the Momofuku man himself, David Chang talk food in a conversation moderated by Ruth Reichl at the New York Public Library. Wednesday, 7pm; tickets are $15-25 at showclix.com
- NYC Wine & Food Festival: It's baaack! The four-day long foodie extravanganza returns for another weekend of events featuring the Food Network's biggest names and some of NYC's biggest chefs. Starting on Thursday, there are tastings, cooking demonstrations and parties galore. Check out the full schedule at nycwineandfoodfestival.com
- EAT: World Financial Center Restaurant Showcase: The restaurants at the World Financial Center, including Au Mandarin and PJ Clarke's, serve up signature items for $1-$5. Thursday, 11am-2:30pm; worldfinancialcenter.com
- Brooklyn Bounty: Celebrate Brooklyn's cuisine at this tasting event, which features restaurants and food purveyors like Brooklyn Brewery, The Meat Hook, and SCRATCHbread. Thursday, 6;30-9:30pm, brooklynhistory.org
- Harlem Harvest Fest and Fresh Food Summit: Healthy eating is the focus at this Harlem event, which features a farmers market and a "Taste of Harlem," where 25 local restaurants will offer tastes of their signature dishes. Saturday, 9am-6pm; harlemharvestfestival.org